OCTOBER 7, 2017
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Registration and participation in the Poodle Day parade is limited to poodles and poodle mixes, as well as other dogs who are members of a poodle family.
- All participants must pay the designated registration fee to march in the parade.
- All dogs are to remain on a leash at all times.
- Female dogs in heat are not allow of course.
- Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs.
- We reserve the right to remove people from event should they or their dog be causing problems to others.
- We reserve the right to refuse registration to anyone who has caused problems for other people at event in past years.
- Owner names, dog names, and their city or town will be announced in numerical order by registration date or special groups (as described below).
- Poodle and poodle mixes will march with their designated groups (i.e., toy, miniature, standard, small poodle mixes, and large poodle mixes). For multiple poodles in the same family, the first registered poodle will determine the group in which they will march and that is the dog that will be judged. (Example: An owner registers Ruby, a miniature poodle, first and Jack, a toy poodle, second. Therefore, both dogs will march in the miniature poodle group). The second dog will not be part of judging because it is not a miniature. To have the toy judged, the owners will have to walk in each group.
The Poodle Day Team reserves the right to revise the terms and conditions, refuse registration, and deny parade entry at its discretion.
- Parade award categories:
- Toy poodles
- Miniature poodles
- Standard poodles
Three groups will each have the two category awards:
- Black or grey poodles
- White or cream poodles
- Apricot, brown, parti, and everything else
- Small poodle mixes
- Large poodle mixes
- Parade awards:
- Most outstanding au naturel and best costume or enhanced color for each category (Due to the number of standards entered, we are adding two extra award for most outstanding au naturel as well as best costume or enhanced color.) Judging is done by non-poodle experts. Instructions are to select family fun dogs that catch the judges eyes.
- Individual photos of the winning dogs will appear on the Poodle Day website for one year.
- Group members are to march sequentially in order of their registration. By marching in order of registration the judges will be able to identify and judge winners. After all poodles have been announced individually, we will have the affinity groups reassemble. At that time, we will announce each affinity group as they walk together for the group judging.
- Bandannas, T-shirts, hats, 11″ x 17″ signs, and 3′ x 1.6′ banners are the only items allowed for the parade.
Cocktail party and registration fees are 100 percent refundable until September 27, 2017. You can email us at for a refund. Should you not participate in event, you may request a tax donation receipt.
Parade goes on rain or shine every year!